Saturday, February 20, 2010

Once upon a time, Brandy was Cinderella.

Today was up to snuff:

First of all, my tax refund doubled my bank account. This is the only time of the year in which I am grateful to be a poor student who doesn't own anything.

Secondly, I successfully put in and took out my first pair of contacts. For anyone who has worn contacts before, you KNOW how long it takes the first time: 40 minutes to get in, 15 minutes to get out. But I did it! When I was little, I used to call my dad's contacts "toncats," so I think that is what I am going to call mine from now on.

Thirdly, I went to a Cinderella ball in a singles ward. The girls "lose" a shoe the week before to the Elders Quorum and find their date at the dinner/ dance (whoever picked up their shoe). The evening was filled with canned chicken, a creepy Cinderella mannequin, and a guy balancing a ladder on his chin. But I think the best part was seeing girls in prom dresses from 2004 pop and locking it to hip hop songs after dinner. Oh to be young, and to look like you're still in high school.

Thank you, government, for my money back. Thank you, inventor of toncats. And thank you, boy, for letting me wear both my shoes while I dance.

1 comment:

  1. Did they play the hoedown throwdown, and did everyone secretly know the dance steps for "pop it, lock it, polk-a-dot it"? Boy, do I love that movie.

    ReplyDelete