Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Enjoying Thanksgiving Break

It's Thanksgiving break! I am so excited to have some time off from the daily grind. I made a To Do list yesterday to be completed in the next 5 days:

-Laundry
-Grade student papers
-Read The Giver
-Clean the bathroom
-Clean bedroom
-C-mas shopping
-Finish writing my own C-mas list
-Make a website
-Make student punctuation assignment
-Make my own assignment schedule for rest of the semester
-Haircut
-Facial with Emily
-Find out about Gold's Gym

Okay, not all of these are fun things (some are), but I am one of those people that gets down when I am unproductive, even over a long weekend. I have had about 24 hours of break and all I have done is clean my room and bathroom and watch movies!!!

It's kind of a bummer when I have free time and Kyle still has to work. I tend to text him a lot on days like today:

9:00 AM
Me: Good morning! How is work going? Did you finish that thing you needed to do for Neil?
K: Morning! Yep, all is well here. How are you? Did you sleep well?
Me: I did! I was only scared for about three minutes when I thought about Elizabeth Smart's kidnapping.
K: But then you remembered that you don't have windows in your room?
Me: No. Then I pushed it out of my mind and sleep overcame me.
K: Oh good! :)

10:22 AM
Me: Hey, doesn't every American family lose pieces to games? My dad is trying to say we are reckless and wasteful. But I think that's normal.
K: Well, American families with young kids and grandkids. If pieces are lost with games that only adults play, it might be a little... Carefree :)
Me: My dad is upset that Boggle is missing one piece after having the game for thirty years. That's seven kids and at least four moves.
K: (No response)

10:49 AM
Me: What do you want to do tonight?
K:( No response)

12:17 PM
Me: I kind of wish I had blonde hair...
K: (No response)

12:23 PM
Me: Also, let's go to Asia! I want to get out of here and travel!
K: (No response)

12:26 PM
Me: I just added Eat Love Pray to the Netflix queue.
K: (No response)

12:27 PM
Me: Don't you just love the days I have off so I can text you all day?!
K: (No response)

1:03 PM
K: Just got back to my phone. I'm glad you don't have blonde hair. I want to travel too. And I DO love the days you have off so you can text me like crazy.

...And the day is only half over! What a good sport.

Well, I am off to cross out another thing from my list! Have a very happy Thanksgiving! It is my birthday tomorrow and I will be eating lots of turkey and pie at my cousins' house in Sandy. Lovely holiday season!

3 comments:

  1. haha....fantastic texting. I like people who can make texting an art by writing random, well constructed and witty comments. I think you are a text artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Text artist extraordinaire? You flatter me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best blogger! And dad's Boggle rant? Odd. Good luck with your task list.

    ReplyDelete