Monday, August 1, 2011

My dream as a TV writer

Whenever I think about my future, I fantasize about my dream job writing comedy sketches with Tina Fey.

I have a plan which includes mailing Tina one of my scripts in an official-looking envelope with the word CONFIDENTIAL stamped in red across it. That way, she won't think it's fan mail. She will open it and find an amazing idea for a sketch to do on 30 Rock.

Here is a brief description:

Season 6 Episode 1 Miss Anti-Beauty

Jenna proudly wins first place in The Shallow Awards which prompts Liz to run for a New York beauty pageant called The Anti- Beauty Pageant. What she thinks is a feminist event liberating women from the archaic practice of beauty pageants actually turns out to be a pageant for the most unattractive middle class women of New York. When Tracy lets slip that Liz is entering a pageant, Jenna jealously signs up for the pageant too. Meanwhile, Jack reconnects with his younger dog-loving self when he agrees to be the voice on an animated movie featuring a jack russell terrier and his chihuahua backup singers. What he doesn't realize is that he has been cast as the dog-hating cat villain who seeks to destroy the dog's rise to stardom. Upset by the casting, Jack tries to ruin the movie to show the director that he should be top dog.

I really am going to write this skit. It will be spectacular. And when Tina opens her CONFIDENTIAL official-looking envelope to find this script, she is going to laugh her bossypants off and call to offer me a permanent position on 30 Rock.

1 comment:

  1. This could work. This really could work. The plot synopsis sounds perfect...seriously, that would be one of the best episodes of 30 Rock ever.

    This could work. Let me know if I can help at all...for example, I know where to buy CONFIDENTIAL stamps. (Office Max)

    ReplyDelete