Monday, July 12, 2010

B-e-c-c-a is spelled almost the same as B-e-l-l-a

Hold the phone, hold the applause, hold your freaking horses... I have something to share for Good News Minute.

Jacob Black's look alike sat next to me in church yesterday. In fact, he requested sitting next to me. We go so far back as the hallway of the Wilkinson Center where he asked me, a random passerby, if he might join me in attending my singles ward @ 9:00 AM.

I didn't realize that he looked so much like Jacob until I actually looked directly at his face over the hymn book and saw the similarities: the dark hair and skin, among other curious wolf-like qualities. Jaaaaacobbbb... I asked him what his name was. "Josh, " he said. Close enough.

He passed the sacrament to me. I passed it back. We laughed at the speakers' intentional jokes, and sometimes at the unintentional ones too. I took notes in my notebook, and he read his patriarchial blessing from his journal. I semi-expected him to morph into a wolf at the end of the meeting, or at least attend Sunday School shirtless. But he stayed human and shirted the whole time.

I would be jealous of me too, except that I didn't really know him, he wasn't REALLY Jacob Black, and he was gone once Relief Society started.

But still, Jacob looks pretty good in a white shirt, doesn't he?


3 comments:

  1. Ahh..Taylor Lautner... what a heart throb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first, i love that "doppleganger" is one of your labels. second, i am oh so happy to be putting off the inevitable pedagogy reading by finding your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete